Transitional rehabilitation services are available to individuals who need 24-hour skilled nursing and therapy services, post-hospital or post-surgical care. Individualized care plans and regular health assessments are developed for each resident including a home site evaluation for a smooth and safe discharge home.
- Physical, occupational and speech therapies
- Restorative therapy program
- Wound care management
- Lab and x-ray services
- Enteral feeding, tracheotomy, and ostomy services
- Assistance with local transportation to and from follow-up appointments
- Home evaluations
Long-Term Skilled Nursing
Skilled nursing services are for individuals who need 24-hour nursing care provided by registered and licensed professional nurses as well as other professionally trained staff. Private and companion rooms are available along with skilled services directed by your physician. Physician directed services may include but are not limited to general nursing care, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, social services, medication administration, supplies, equipment, and other services necessary to the health and well-being of the of the patient.
- Enteral feeding
- Tracheotomy care
- Wound care
- Intravenous therapy
- Medication management
- On-site services include pharmacy, dental, hospice, podiatry, audiology ophthalmology, X-ray, and mental health
- Companion and private rooms
- Local transportation assistance for medical appointments
- Hospice care for the terminally ill is available through hospice providers who have agreed to abide by established best practices
- Respite care (short-term stays) provide service to seniors when family members are away or need a short break from caring for their loved one, or for seniors needing assistance after a hospital visit or during an illness
Assisted Living is for seniors who need assistance with activities of daily living, including medication management, dressing, bathing, and meals but do not require 24-hour skilled nursing care. Highland House team members create individualized personal care plans intended to meet each resident’s specific needs and preferences while working closely with residents, their family members and physicians.
- 100% of our Assisted Living companion rooms are Special Assistance certified to help minimize expenses for any eligible individuals approved through the State/County Adult Care Program.
- Medication management
- On-site supportive services including pharmacy, dental, hospice, podiatry, ophthalmology, audiology, X-ray, and mental health services
- Private and companion rooms
- Assistance with transportation to and from appointments
In addition to spacious rooms; planned diets and dining options; and many safety features; Highland House offers a quiet environment with the amenities your loved ones appreciate.
- Four patio gardens
- Barber and beauty shop
- Complete pharmacy services
- Private phone hook-up available
- Televisions in every room with Cable TV included
- Planned activities and community outings
- Resident and Family Councils
- Religious, inspirational and educational programs
- Daily housekeeping and laundry services
- Financial services and social services (From pre-admission to discharge).
- Nutrition and dietary consultation and planning
- Private spaces for resident/family gatherings are available
- Pet visits